Saturday, August 25, 2007

For most people, August is the worst month of the year. I’ve been denying this fact all my life due to the fact it’s my birthday month, but let’s be honest here, it fucken sucks.
For teenagers it means going back to classes, for adults, the third ass freezing month of work in a roll and no signs of spring. For all south hemisphere surfers it consists in the idealization of the imperfect – the cold air/wind temperatures of winter lingers while the water reaches its coldest periods with the influence of easterly currents. We get an alternation between spring looking semi-flat easterly sunny but freezing water days and blown out southerly irregular overcast useless days. Because I broke my middle finger at the beginning of this month, it didn’t really bother me how fucked the waves were until I got better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: