Monday, November 26, 2007

Labour wins, Australia loses

I gotta admit I'm a little worried about the results of the prime minister election.. John Howard is as good as gone, this Kevin Rudd bloke took over.. but he doesn't seem very serious in any sense at all! Possibly because of his similarity to South Park's Mr Garrisson, or perhaps due to a far worse coincidence: he is Labour just like Lula.
I strongly hope that Australia survives the change, but I don't know if I will. His government will favour blue color dudes, people who are happy to be working for third parties forever. I wouldn't say that this was my plan.. I always had a thing with starting something for myself, but that will not be happening now, not if i have to pay penalty rates to all my employees and can't even pull out an AWA. Sometimes being a little dodgy doesn't hurt, it helps businesses to arise and people to develop. If we do adopt a totally mechanical and not flexible workplace approach it will be way too burocratic to try anything outta the box.
Something else I can see coming is a possible reduction of jobs availability. I don't think it will be as easy to score gigs 2 years from now. Not to mention the strikes and other shit that might come up.
I hope he is not doing a Lula special and leading the sheep to the abattoir. Time will say..
Another unexpected and unwelcome result this weekend was that friggin' Australian Idol thing. Some wonky chick won it over a little dude that was much better than her. I suppose not many people give a fuck about that anyway, and neither do I so let's just drop it.
Within the actual concerns of this country all I can say is that Johnny will be missed...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: