Saturday, March 29, 2008

 

Life as a worker has been a bitch at times, but pretty comfortable in a way.. I accepted going on a salary.. that means if I get hurt and can't work i still get paid, pretty sick! plus annual leave, days in lieu, sickies.. not bad. But sometimes I feel I shouldn't be there.. all the other chefs have been doin it their whole lifes, and even the apprentices have more experience and skills than me haha.
I still feel a little Frank Abagnale like at times.. but fuck it, it's actually pretty fun, specially when I get to do the barbecue on the beach and get paid for it. As they say.. just fake it until you make it.. not bad to be learning the tricks of a pretty big venue I guess.
Can't wait for daylight savings to finish, it'll buy me another hour of morning surf! I actually live in QLD and work in NSW, different time zones during summer.. things will be sweet from the 8th of April though.
Got the next 4 days off.. but no matter what I do, it'll still feel like I could've enjoyed it more..
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

could have enjoyed it more!..too bad wewe's GONE now