Saturday, January 15, 2011

Radio Operator my ballz - Nov 2011

Right.. So I decided I'll actually catch up on the processes that leaded me into where I am now, this one here is from November 2011! I'll work my way up from there. No one replied to that test post, which is perfect, I wouldn't want to annoy my friends with the heap of posts I'm about to release. Besides, I will keep this public, but would prefer if no one actually knew I'm using it again. It's not a secret but it's more for myself than anything..
Anyway.
After 10 days out in South Rio's bush, it was time to make myself useful somehow. Ariana, a friend who I met at Praia do Sono, told me about the possibility of being a radio operator. It was the most sensible, realistic and profitable option as far as working in Brazil I have came across to this date. So I looked up a course and tackled the mission. a 4 hour drive to the North end of Rio for a 2 week course. Basic stuff.. fun trip, the place itself, Macae, is a shithole, but I drove down to Buzios on the weekend and had a good time. The drive itself was the biggest challenge by far!
The idea was to find a job and go work offshore 15 days on 15 days off, but they never gave me a certificate till 15 Months later hahaha
No worries though, that experienced got me contemplating something bigger.


Absolutely classic, I'm glad I took a picture of it.. my only memory from the whole thing really.. We were a class of 9 people, the only chick was ugly ugly as fuck haha but in my eyes she was looking a bit better each day that went past! Still the boys didn't take it lightly on her in their farewell card lol
Chilling at the Buzios house with friends on the weekend.. one of those scenarios you know will never happen again for a lot of reasons
Buzios has to be the prettiest town ever, right up there with Byron Bay
Posted by Picasa

No comments: