Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wings granted

After 15 months of dedication to flying, I achieved my Commercial Pilots License in the most dramatic possible circumstances. My final test was rescheduled a number of times due to weather, and the assessor was going to be a gent who no one in my network had ever met before. An assessor's ice cold template while analysing a student pilot's every move is nerve wrecking. After my air work test, when I parked the DA-40 in the yard, I didn't realise somebody parked their car somewhere near my usual spot. The tip of my wing was less than 5cm from the rearview mirror when I came to a full stop. Should I have touched that, all my plans of going to Indonesia with the left over money from my studies would've fallen through.

Looking back it's kinda twisted how just about everything I do revolves around going to Bali haha. When I got my CPL, it was time to completely reshuffle life once again. I had to leave so much behind.. My car, the superbanks, my unit, most of my boards, a lot of my friends and Julia.

The idea was going to Indonesia for as long as I could stretch the 5 grand I had left on my account and then go to Rio to try and get a job as a pilot there.

Plans are more of a guideline, and when you insert Bali anywhere within them, you can most certainly expect unforeseen developments.



flawless autumn mornings in my last months living on the GC


I was happy to get to take Julia flying with me 2 times before finishing my training

















Flipping a very special page

No comments: