Friday, July 29, 2005

Back in the flat fridge

NOOOOOOOO!
I'm back in Sydney.. Actually i've been here for nearly a week, but couldn't bother posting b4. The rest of the trip was awesome, Lembongam Beautiful and just when I got back I scored my best backside barrel ever at Ulu in such a perfect day. My 6'2 has finally got in action that day, this section was the plenty of barrels one that i was waiting for. After then I started to go out too much, I would surf in the morning and arvo, go out to the bounty and paddy's getting home like 5 or so. the walls are made of bamboo, and I have insomnia, so my day would start about 7 or 8, which means a couple of hours of sleep! I was like this for 6 days, and then I got the shit: all the diseases I could have got were on me! fever, diarrea, sinus, cold.. I didn't leave the room in my last day, and it was my mate's birthday, plus padang was going off! Yeah, I guess I deserved it anyway.. I slept my last night at a place in kuta where u barely could see the wall with so many mosquitoes! For some miracle I woke up felling better (maybe those mossies had sucked my sickness) and went for some shopping b4 I leave, developed the photos.. The trip was definitely kick ass! I learned a lot about Indo, I guess.. If u want to stay a while you'd better save your body as much as u can, whether sleeping well or regulating activity. Also, it might be worth staying at kuta as long as u know the place well enough to go always to the right spot.
I'm heaps glad that, once again, I survived Indo! I was thinking during my flight back: We got such a huge range of ways to die over there! just to mention a few:

Earthquakes
Malaria
Tsunami
Terrorist attack
Getting smashed on the reef
Dragged away by the current
Snake bite
Getting caught with a joint
drawning Car accident
Motorbike accident
AIDS
Scorpions
Heart attack when u see the waves

These are the ones I could remember now.. but I'm sure there are more, could us help me to remember? All that stuff makes me feel not so bad about being back at the flat fridge, it's crazy how much more secure u feel back here! I obviously already miss Indo, though.

No comments: