Saturday, February 06, 2010

The silly season 09-10

 

Surf Xcess staff xmas party ar Chan mai thai
 

Xmas eve at the boys house, punch n fruits.. simple but nice
 

One of the few things I remember from NYE.. some dude actually made this thing out of a fucken leaf and I watched the whole process. Tripped on it for yonks!

Ok, what can I say about xmas, nye etc this year? it was loose as a moose! Even worse than last year cause I was smarter and didn't drink till I pass out hehe I was actually awake all nite.
Xmas was pretty simple actually, hanged with mates and had a few (oh, and Mum gave me an Iphone!!). NYE was something else, we went to this boaat party thing that took us to straddie, all time! but they wouldn't let me swim, so I gotta say it could've been better. Oddly, the biggest and best days didn't happen to land on the special occasions.
A few trips to Byron, a bunch of random happenings and a few too many hours of work (still never more than 30 lol) combined with the lack of decent waves spun my head big time for the whole month of December and January.
But in a way I kept it simple and didn't try too hard to have fun. Rather than that, I opted to stick with fewer but tighter friends and do things mostly locally.
However, I couldn't leave Byron out of the equation, I went there about 8 times within this period.
In fact, I was totally gonna move there, but because rent is twice as much and jobs pay half what they pay here, I ended up deciding against it. Plus, I don't wanna be a cranky local complaining about the tourists, I rather being one of the tourists/backpackers/daytrippers getting loose and having a good time while it lasts.
Waking up on the beach with a killer hangover and driving up the coast to work is the downside lol but still so worth it.
As January rolled along it all mellowed down gradually.. In fact, I haven't been out for about 3 Saturdays, you'll soon see why
Posted by Picasa

No comments: