Thursday, June 22, 2006

An old story to make the present look better, haha


I love this photo. As you can see, it was taken ages ago, when I was completing my first month in Australia. The story behind is as much bloody as uninteresting, so don't worry about it.. I'm getting my camera back tomorrow after nearly 2 months!

This new job reaaaaaaly sucks, unbelievable. I'm a waiter in an Indian restaurant now, hahahaha, it's so goddamn strict, it pisses me off hardcore. The cutlery has to be in perfect symmetry with the plates, napkins, chair.. and all the tables have to be identically set up. At least it's physically very easy, not busy at all. Sometimes the chef tells me "get off of the kitchen marshmallow (my nickname there), go back out to the floor!" and as soon as I get out there, the head waiter goes: "hey, don't worry about out here, go back to the kitchen and see what's happening there!" hahahaha I just sneak off to the bathroom then, hehe at least no one bothers me in there. It's not that bad at the end of the day.. I end up just standing there most of the day anyway. If I compare to the dishpig job I had to do when I arrived, which bought me those beautiful stitches of the photo, it's all pretty sweet now.

When I got that shit in my hand I was just a kid sort of.. I had never worked before, didn't know a soul in this country, was deadset clueless.. so I just stupidly got the first job I could and, not able to communicate or be communicated, got a fucken rubbish bag by its bottom making a freaky hole in my hand before even completing my first hour of work, haha. I waited for 5:30 hours to be attended in a shithole public hospital up the hill in Manly. No comments about the bitch who did the stitches.. When I was done, it was 3AM, no one in the streets whatsoever, I got the first bus that showed up after I was walking by myself for an hour crying like a baby. I know I said I wasn't gonna tell this story, hehe but everything is so good lately that I just felt like remembering some shitty times.. this was like my ritual of initiation, Hahaha a big welcome to the freedom spiced with all the pain it takes to be achieved.

Maybe that's why I'm not much of a fan of physical work.. and that's definitely why I'm still working on my classic "quick money" entrepreneur plans, hahahaha, just wanna make big bucks and enjoy mate!

No comments: