Friday, January 11, 2008


Once again I got carried away and forgot to post for nearly a month.. Dunno if anybody even still knocks on this site's door though, there's just too many other network tools.. Myspace, Orkut, facebook and all those others sure do the job, but i still rather to keep this thing going, it's been a long road now..
Anyway, back in mid December.. I got this weekend off work to give my mate Alex a hand with his contest in D-bah, but my boss went overboard and gave me 2 weeks in the lieu! In the right time too, Gray, glassy and warm fun sized conditions were predominant during most of this period. I still have the feeling I should've surfed twice as much, but it was awesome.
The contest was great too, I just stood there all day handing out the comp rashies and getting them back. When it came to my heat i was pumped, but a little nervous after 4 years without being in a contest. I got an alright first wave, but in my second one I fucked up and my legrope broke. Watching my board going all the way to the beach without even waiving good bye was pretty revolting. a fair swim , walk, scabing some good bloke's leggie and paddle back out costed me 12 minutes.. that's 60% of the time and 98.7% of my energy. But i didn't give a shit, there was a reclassification heat and I got back on the scene in first. Only to sink in the next day, hehehehe. Good fun though.
The dude who lended me his legrope ended up winning, I was happy for him, good fella.
There was gonna be a contest party on Sunday night, but my body just refused attending after those long couple of days. I couldn't believe how tired i was even after just sitting there all day and only surfing a few 20 minutes heats.. Nothing makes me more tired than doing fuck all.. I guess I could never be a life saver, cop, bouncer or council worker...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: