Friday, January 11, 2008


Spending my 4th xmas in a roll away from my family mighta been a little depressing, but new years was just around the corner, so time to cheer up. The fella who took the photos at the contest and I ended up good friends after 18 hours sitting on the same spot together over 2 days, hehe. He taught me shit about photography I had no clue existed. In fact, I didn't have the slightest notion about photography until just 15 days ago. If you like this website I'll say thanks, but there's as much technique behind as cooking noodles! The blind times are gone now, aperture, ISO, Focus length, shutter speed, exposure and other ET's are now my acquaintances! pretty amazing stuff.
That pumped me to upgrade my shit, I bought a Sony H9, sickest camera! 15x zoom, 8 megapixel, remote control, night vision, all manual commands and a tripod: Now we r talking business!
Lucas is leaving to the Sunshine Coast for good in a week, so I got him to give me the tricks of the trade, the bloke is tops, showed me everything and threw in a couple of mags about the theme.
After that I basically worked every single day until the 1st. Daniela left to Europe for 15 days on the 30th, it's the first time in 18 months we are apart. I'm sure it will be an incredible experience for her, but having to go cook everyday at 7 am and spending all day in the kitchen won't even give me the opportunity to even feel I'm still alive.
Photo: "Yep, that's a macro, press the button with a flower graphic on your left hand side and take the shot from as close as possible. Watch out not to hit your eye!"

Posted by Picasa

No comments: