Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sunshine Coast

 

After spending a wicked couple of days up on the sunshine coast (200km north from here), I left Julie at the airport in Brisbane and made my way back by myself for the first time in the Highway at night. It was pretty fun actually. Now I'm alone again for a while, as she is gone for a month in Thailand to renew her visa. My passport is still not in my hands and the swell has finally dropped, that's why I found time to come over here and post a thousand photos. These days will be spent with arrangements for the house: I gotta buy a fan, install broadband internet, move into fernando's ex-room.. Anyway, I'm here for 2 goddamn years, so I'd better get comfortable.

The sunshine coast was unreal, such a magic place. A national park full of free koalas lies right in front of one more world class australian right handers point break. so hot, clean, perfect.. after spending the night over a backpacker and surfing a few tiny quality waves in the next moring (Julie borrowed a mal and rode waves all the way!), we made a barbecue in front of the waves as one more koala made his way up the tree to eat some disgusting eucaliptus leaves; they definitely never tasted a meat pie. The grass was nice enough for a nap, we had one and headed to the airport. The photos are on her camera.. gimme sometime.

photo: cruisin' in Burleigh Posted by Picasa

No comments: