Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Made it to the other side

 

It’s been too long. After 2 years without stepping out of Aussie soil I even forgot the basic airport rules.. Stopping over in Sydney was quite a burden, it had to be done, so I might as well try and make the most of it. As predicted, that sexy little camera didn’t make it to Brazil, hehe it had a tragic yet hilarious fate. David’s big business Van managed to smash it with both tires as I let it slip out of my hoodie’s side pocket. The piece of work might have been crush proof, but I don’t know about getting ran over by Vans..

It did piss me off, however, it made me feel I was right about not wanting to go there. The weather was also fucked up, my first day was the coldest of the year on the Australian East coast and I had to cop it in a town 10 hours south from where I live. I don’t think I would have bothered going for a paddle in those windy affected, pretty average conditions in Newport beach if it wasn’t for the fact I got to have a session with David and Tchelao for the first time in about 5 years. Plus we had it all for ourselves.. before completing 90 minutes out there my whole left foot was numb, the howling onshore expelled me from that seemingly endless dwelling.

Walking on that piercing harsh ass Tarmac under the 8oC in my wetsuit and seeing every other cunt totally covered in what seemed like Sherlock Holmes’ uniform made me feel pretty stupid. All for a few sloppy waves. I guess it’s kinda like what 15 year old girls feel when the teacher catches their little lame love letter to the boy next door. You know it looks ridiculous but it sort of emphasizes how genuine you are about it.

I locked myself in that Van and tried to revive my feet for nearly half an hour without success, Until Tchelao came in and turned on the heather.

I didn’t wanna go the next day, my wetsuit truly sucks. Still think it was a good decision not to buy a new one this year though, since after my last day in Sydney I’ll be totally skipping winter for the next 12 months.

The night life was pretty impressive. Sydney does have a lot to live up to, but I could say t did fulfill it’s quota No one gives a fuck down there, it’s loose as! David was a champ, the bloke made up for the time he took a dump under the mat in my lift 8 years ago and didn’t say anything about it till the next day hahahaha. But in this trip he even crawled the wall and invaded his own pad cause I locked it some way we couldn’t get in. I was way too drunk for that and had to fly in a few hours, lucky it all worked out.

The fight was horrible, but it doesn’t matter, I’m here now. And got the newest model of that camera I crushed, so will keep posting shit as much as possible.

Photo: Even after gettin crushed by the Van, my old camera still takes photos, but the monitor looks like an inactive volcano and you can't really adjust the settings so the colors usually come out funny. might allocate it as the official drunken events camera from now on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: