Friday, February 20, 2009

Game Over?




And there they r!!
Pics: Beach Bum Swimwear at James Street, in Burleigh heads. Right next to Rip Curl and Roxy.. it’s actually a bit more expensive than them, but it’s been doing great! That glamour up in the second pic is Krystal, she modeled my swimmers for Glen Bowden a little while ago.
After a few months of work I’m proud to say that we got our kinis in Burleigh Heads, Coolangatta and Kingscliff!! If you know me it’s not hard to picture how stoked I am. It all started so randomly, but I decided to make it happen and it did!
There’s heaps of people I should thank.. Definitely Alex Rose for helping me get a job in that surfshop and later helping me (pretty much doing all the work for that matter) to get the swimmers in stores, on top of being my first model and HB.
Tiago Schardong for the advices and Designs, specially that logo, it’s all time, got heaps of stickers now, been paining the town pink lol
Wayan Wiednya for sharing this ambitious personality that drives us to success, he’s even got the tattoo I was gonna get! and obviously for the designs and Syn-tec supplements as well hehe
Glen Bowden for the great shoot a couple of weeks ago and contacts generated from it
Ross for being a loose c*nt and partner in crime from the very start when we walked up and down in surfers doing promo work for the firm
My home boys for supporting it no matter what: Andy, Tchelao, Edu, Gilson, Todd, Sequela, Joey, Kyle, Mundango, Negao yeeeeeoW!
Stef, Sarah Crawford, Tasha Zahara, Kelly, Chelle, Simmy, Jessy, Dani, Trudy, Alice, Mish, Kate, Karalee, Dia, Raina and Meela. Thanx for loving Brazilian bikinis and encouraging the business! I wouldn’t have gone ahead without your kind words, positive feedback n ever uplifting attitude!
Carmen for being so freakin hot and encouraging importation!
Ebany Meisje for being the face (and ass) of Beach Bum and sexiest chick alive, as well as for having taken me seriously before I even “existed”
Printers, accountants, embroiderers, marketers, lawyers, EFTPOS dude.. u’ve all been great so far hehe
Tim for opening the doors for me at Surf Xcess, and the chicks for selling the swimmers there!
And obviously, my Mum and Stepfather. They believe it all so much it’s unreal! And, of course, they helped me crucially in the financial field at this first stage of Beach Bum. Someone had to do it, I'm so happy you did! Thanks heaps, I’ll keep it evolving and it all will work out sweet!
Ok, this may appear a lil too much.. but this feeling of accomplishment isn’t generated only from getting into stores and having the business growing..
What I’m way more pleased to announce is that I’ve finally got my bloody permanent visa in Australia!!!
That happened on the 6th of feb.. now if u look way back on this blogger, around mid 05.. there it is.. the very day I decided I would go for it.. I took on the challenge of putting up with chefs, the grumpiest bastards on the planet, and did something I hate for a living for over 2 years in order to achieve that goal. Definitely the biggest thing I’ve ever done.. I’m a fart away from dual citizenship now. There’s nothing in particular I need to do to get it except for not dying. It’ll be in hand around the time for the next Australia day, then I’ll finally be able to get on the doll!! Jokes.
Now I can express how much I really hated being a chef.. hahahaha all the nightmares I had.. cutting my fingers, burning my arms.. listening to bullshit from clueless idiots who thought they were teaching me something about life.. Their power trip was that extreme at times when they would let out all swear words mixed with that coffee and cigarette breath you could see in their dull eyes how much they were sure to be lecturing you on how to live ur life.
I held on tight. Underrated, unfit for the task, often abused, always on time but never really there.. I got through all the many requirements. The chances of this not working out were that much bigger than of it going ok..
If I missed one more day of class and had my attendance drop from 80%, or got sacked 1 month earlier than I did in my last job at Saltbar, or screwed up any given subject of my English test and scored less than 7/9, or contracted HIV from some whore and never had a clean medical cert, or got arrested for a fair or unfair reason, or got sick and missed out on an exam or something essential or, the most likely fuck up possibility, if I simply couldn’t take the crap from the chefs anymore and walked out it all would’ve bluntly gone down the drain.
Luckily I made it.. I don’t mean to make it look like “game over” for this blogger with credits and shit, but I can sincerely affirm that a massive battle of my life has come to an end.
What comes next? The answer seems to be Beach Bum Swimwear.
I could be doing anything anywhere right now, if I’m living here in Coolangatta with my best mates and supplying Brazilian bikinis to the Goldcoast it’s because that’s what I wanna be doing right now.
Knowing I’m not doing something so I can do something (eg: going to uni so I can get a good job; or being a chef so I can be a permanent resident in aus) makes me happy in itself.. It’s great to have goals and I do have a heap of’em, but living the dream daily is the only way you’ll ever touch realization.
Ooops did I sound like a chef just then? hahahaha
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.