Monday, April 13, 2009




I don’t remember exactly when it started.. but from sometime early in April it started pumping and never stopped! This was probably the best year on the goldie I’ve ever witnessed. There was this session in Burleigh on Friday morning.. fuck that was all time! I went out through tally around 8am and caught this sick wave from way before the crowds all the way down the line.. Quite sizey too, there wasn’t a lot I would change about that day. Coastalwatch named it Fantasy Friday! They went ballistic with the number of epic days we had in Southeast QLD and northern NSW in April. And so did I! it’s like having 6 xmas and 12 nye in 3 weeks! You kinda don’t expect it, it gets hard to deal with it cause it’s so good you just have to make the most of it even if it’ll kill ya!
Allegedly there was a cyclone somewhere combined with a low or something. I don’t know, but that was as good as it gets for our pointbreaks.
Pics: Fantasy Friday in Burleigh
Posted by Picasa

No comments: