Monday, April 27, 2009

Off again soon

 
Haha haven't got much material to post from lately.. but wanted to write something.. so I decided to use this shot from Angourie.. there's fuck all in it really.. no waves, no people.. just me going back out after losing my board cause my leggie snapped. plus the shot is blurry! But who cares.. 
So I'm leaving in 3 weeks to do a very similar trip to what I did last year.. Brazl first then Bali, ditching the Australian winter. The difference is that this time I'm going for a reason.. will be designing the new summer 09 range for Beach Bum! good excuse ay hehe
Will be great to see my mum too, we are in new circumstances now.
Bali, as boring as it sounds, will be hopefully the same as usual! that place is so awesome! except cause I'll try not to go to g-land this year.. i've been there too many times! gotta go check out sumbawa, lombok etc. might take a flight to nias too, but not till later on this year.
Life here has been almost funny of so easy.. working in this surfshop is unbelievably cruisy. It's hard to think we are in the midst of a world crisis when I'm here gettin $20 an hour to chill out. I was lucky enough to find an industry where my natural behaviour pattern originates success. I've been reading about sales n merchandising on the web in my spare time at the shop.. apparently the customers are more prompt to buy if they sense that you're laid back, just cruising around in the shop haha. that kinda goes against the company policy here, but they are happy with the results in terms of figures, so it's ok for me to be me lol
Plus Ive been gettin a fair bit of free gear from a brand called Lizzard, they're awesome! we have an account that fills up as we sell their products, it's all time! it feels like a sponsorship, but instead of gettin results in comps all I gotta do is sell their gear.
The waves have been unreal too, some epic days lately. After that superlong swell it didnt really die off, it was still pumping till 2 days ago.
This Autumn has been specially good, slightly less cold than the past year and with a lot more swell! the banks aren't as good as usual for this time of the year, but the quality of swell and wind directions have been making up for it.
I'm having so much fun that I've been slack towards Beach Bum.. not doin much promo lately or anything. I want the new range to be ready before I do anythng else for it.
The bikinis will be at the shops in Pac Fair, Kingy, Coolangatta and Burleigh while Im gone anyway.. Looks like the long desired residual income has finally been built. 
But I'm saving my best business tricks for when I come back in September.

No comments: