Thursday, August 26, 2010



Back in Lisbon after 3 days of suffering, I was counting the minutes to have that thing out of my nose. If I knew that he was going to pull it out and tell me to rest with that plaster on, I would’ve done it myself. The pulling out part was the only painful bit of the whole process counting with the punch itself, but it was bearable.

I was pretty much reborn once those tubes were gone. Talking was so easy, breathing was pure, food tasted amazing! The only down was that I was looking like shit, but I learned how to act as an ugly(er) person and got through that day quite happily.

We checked in at a hostel and I finally got to stay in a room alone! What a relief, so many good things happening in one day. It’s funny how they were nothing but reacquired goods/rights/faculties, but getting them back felt just as good as conquering something new due to how crucial they are.

The next day was the best of the whole trip. I woke up and decided I didn't need to wear that stupid plaster on my nose anymore. Looking (almost) normal again, we had breakfast at the hostel and met a group of Italians who told us about a nice beach to go. Fed, we went for a major drive to a castle first then to that beach, on the Atlantic (it was surfable!) and had a fat duck for lunch there.

To top it up, I got to catch up with Rafa. My sister, him and I had a few beers and went to have dinner with our family. How funny is that guy! After laughs and wine all night we went back to the Hostel for a few drinks. I was stoked to make it up to Cecilia and Julia (Calito’s daughters) after 3 days acting like a rotten mummy and unable to speak to them.

We met a chick from Rio as well, she as travelling on her on own and staying at the hostel. After a few caipirinhas we all headed out to Bairro Alto, a place where everyone drinks in the streets in Lisbon, unreal. I met a few of Rafael’s mates, they were all telling me about how shitty that Docks place is and no one goes there and Publish Postthere’s fights all the time and blah blah.. yeah I guess I fucked up, but it didn't take very long till I was laughing at it.

We had a ball, a genuinely well spent night drinking with people I like. We ended up at a club at around 2am. It was all time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: